pair of ice dyed quilts

I think the main reason my projects don’t find there way here is that I just don’t stop and take pictures like I used to.  In May, I made a fabric basket for a friend’s birthday.  The pattern was from Anna’s book, Handmade Style.  I was so happy with how it turned out that I snapped a quick pic with my phone and delivered it right away.  Later, I thought I would write a little post about it and then realized that all I had to share was this.

Processed with VSCO with e8 presetOne lonely photo.  With this in mind, I took some time to photograph a couple of quilts I made last fall.

ice dye log cabin on barnI could make log cabin quilts for days.  This one is a baby size quilt made from one giant log cabin block.

ice dye log cabin sideice dye log cabin on doorOne half is a light weight chambray, the other half is a split of ice dyed cottons in greens and purples.

The back is a print with indigo stripes on a off-white background.

ice dye log cabin quilt backice dye Vast quiltThe pattern for this quilt is Vast from Jeni’s book, Patchwork Essentials: The Half-Square Triangle.

ice dye vast quilt detail

It’s made with some of my favorite ice dyed cottons and a mid-weight chambray.  The back is a gold and black print.

ice dyed Vast quilt back

I think this quilt looks brilliant with all the lichen on the wall.

ice dyed Vast quilt on wall

cotton and steel star quilt

Processed with VSCOcam with e8 presetI finished this larger than life quilt last spring.

It was a commission project and it tested the limits of my small house.  By the time I stitched the last border on I couldn’t lay it flat on the floor anymore.  Needless to say, it was quilted on a long arm.

star quilt quilting detailI love the swoopy spiral quilting.

I used Jeni’s Giant Vintage Star Quilt tutorial for the center and then added borders to bump it out to a king size.  The eight small corner blocks in the borders were foundation pieced.  I used a half size version of Faith’s Summer Sampler Star tutorial.  The front is a mix of cotton + steel fabrics and a super girly pink was requested for the back.

star quilt back

I don’t know that it can really get much more girly pink than that!

Processed with VSCOcam with e8 preset

lost time

I miss this space.  I really do.  It’s difficult to make it a priority but at the same time regret not capturing so many moments and projects over the past couple of years.

black knit hat

I finished a hat last week.  The pattern is the simple pleasures hat from purl soho knit with blue sky alpaca royal in antique black.  It is the softest yarn with which I have ever worked.  After I finished it, I thought it would be fun to look back on all of my knitting projects I have done over the years.  Only to realize I hadn’t photographed most of them, let alone posted most of the recent ones.

In October, I made a pair of color block mittens for a friend’s birthday.

color block mittens

I lost my favorite black and white striped mittens last spring so I made myself a new set of mittens in purples and greys.  I adapted a glove pattern to make these.

Processed with VSCOcam with e8 preset

I made a couple of hats for myself and for lulu this past fall.  One of lulu’s has already gone through the washer and dryer and on to the trash.  The other was a replacement yarnster since her first stretched to the point it didn’t fit anymore.

Processed with VSCOcam with e8 preset

let’s talk soon